Thursday, March 01, 2007

This will be a shortie just to catch up on current things. I'm in the midst of a dandy of a snowstorm in Toronto, and just when I thought this mess of winter was about to come to an end. Not so. It's not good out there with about 15-25 cms of snow expected overnight before it starts to rain. Oh yes, don't forget the freezing rain. That's supposed to be part of the mix tonight. Traveling is miserable and almost impossible. I had to wait over an hour in a bus shelter waiting on the wrong side of the street for a bus, and then I had to walk a good four blocks with the snow pounding in my face. I'll remember that walk for quite a while. I'm concerned about my pals getting home from work, but they'll somehow figure out how to get through it. Nothing else to do but sit and wait it out and hope everything goes alright. I'm anxious to get back to the boat. Of course, my next trip, the one to L.A., is still pending, but at least that one won't have this kind of weather. I'll keep you informed whoever you might be.

No comments: