Friday, March 02, 2007

As this week comes to an end the major east coast storm has passed and is now dumping tons of the white stuff in our old stomping grounds. Toronto was hit quite hard with many downed trees and power outages all over the area. It was still nasty this morning because of slippery, slushy and wet roads. Motorists were advised to stay off the road if possible, and surprisingly many of them did take the advice making for much easier clean up and driving for those who had to use their own wheels.

As for me, I'm simply hanging out for the day. My buddies are working and won't be around until this evening when I'll likely be invited out to dinner. Hanging out is not a bad thing. It's a positive way to force one's self to cool it, take it easy, relax and try to smell the frozen roses. As you can see, I'm attempting to do all that by blogging away, one of my fun ways to let down. At home, all's well, and the storm has passed there as well after dumping more than an inch of rain. It's now 14c there, much more comfortable than here. Aaah, but don't fret. A couple days after I get back (tomorrow aft.) we'll have another short shot of slightly below freezing nights.
The good news is that the days will still be the mid 40s with sun. We can live with that. Still no word about when I'll head for L.A., but I suspect it will be around March 20. And now I'm going to be a real couch potato for a while.

No comments: