Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Amazing. I don't know what happened, but after a couple days of trying to sign in to my blog I finally made it. I kept getting the error page and couldn't access a New Post. Oh well. On the home front the first day of spring is showing its beautiful head with one of the nicest days we've had in some while. It's nice to be back blogging, and the weather may just allow a little jogging as well. Here's the story: I busted the bumper on our car about ten days ago by backing into a big dump truck. It didn't move, but my bumper did. Ouch. So now the car's in the repair shop, and so will our bank account be when we get the bill. Yikes. Oh well...so much for my failing to look in all directions with all mirrors when backing.

For the first time in a long time our boat is comfortably warm without all heaters blasting, and the prediction is for much improvement from now on. I've just made a deal to purchase 200 ft. of 5/8" double braid line (that's the pretty and soft stuff that's harder than the devil to splice), so when it arrives on Thursday I'll start splicing eight all new dock lines. I don't really have to have new lines, but the ones that came with the boat are old, ratty looking and are mismatched, so I'm going to give our pretty lady some new lines she'll be proud of. Besides, I got a great buy on the spool, one I could hardly pass up.

I'm leaving for L.A. on April 4 and will be gone for two weeks. My last scheduled departure had to be canceled because of some problems, but I think this one is going to be alright. I'm not looking forward to the trip (dealing with family illness is never much fun), but it's something that must be done. It will be interesting to see some of my old stomping grounds again since our last visit was in Nov. '99. I likely won't be able to post from there, but I'll take the laptop and try anyway.

Things are good on this end, and they'll get even better now that spring finally has arrived.

No comments: