Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It's been a while since I posted, and a lot has happened, so watch out. I've been to California and fulfilled my obligations there, plus I've been spending more time away from the boat than on the boat. All my predictions about the beautiful spring weather have come to naught, and winter decided to do a bit more dumping before going on her merry way. I last thought the wws (weekend warriors) would be racing up and down the docks by now, but that has not happened. We've discovered that many are timid souls, and they will not head for their boats and the water until it's absolutely guaranteed that they are enveloped in lots of warmth. We should get that this weekend, but we also have a 30% chance of rain. We'll see what happens. We've also found quite an easy and fast way to get back and forth, so our trips either way are not the hassle they used to be, and we can be more flexible with our travel plans.

Our time home is always well spent and something we thoroughly appreciate. While roaming around Ottawa I made it a point to go by my old golf course, and though it was still early, the course was open and there were a few hardy golfo-guys braving the cool weather. The course looked in really good shape for late April. I might mention I also got to play two rounds in Calif, and the courses were in really good shape as one might expect. We're now getting things sorted out in both Ottawa and Toronto, and I'll be spending more time in TO than in Ottawa. Seems like Toronto is more my home than anywhere else, and I guess that's cause both my friends and memories are there. I don't like Calif much anymore, and if I didn't have relatives there I probably would never go back even for a visit. I must mention, I've dusted off my old computer tower, bought a new monitor and bought an adaptor with four additional USB ports, and I'm now using it instead of the laptop. Surprisingly, the new monitor actually takes up less space than the laptop did.

What's next? I haven't a clue. We have a lot of work to do, but that's always the case. This is the prettiest time of the year wherever in North America one is, and we're both ready to soak up as much of the good weather as we can. We're healthy and happy and that's about as much as anyone can ask for. I'll be in touch.

No comments: